Tuesday, December 4

anyone up for a BREAK?

I have never been able to begin to understand why most people hate Winter, and let alone their ridiculous obsession with the sticky warmth of the Summer. For me, the cold season is not only a time of "bad" weather, but the time to experiment with the enless posibilities of winter-wear. However, Cruise collections tend to leave me in a state similar to that of a little kid in a candy shop.

Out of all these collections, there has been one which I found particularly espectacular, that's because of it's simple way of reinterpreting the brand's winter view and being able to turn it into a perfectly viable look for an escape to an island.
If Frida Giannini's view for the F/W 2007 collection was a mountain getaway for rockstars, this is no different, except for the scenery. Black and white are, again, the clear dominant colours; they get mixed with glimpses of citrus brights and the most beautiful red.

The full skirts, fitted tops and leather biker jackets make the retro inspiration in the sixties undeniable and the driving gloves in leather are the perfect touch to culminate the looks.
The most beautiful feature of the collection is also the most innovative made in Gucci. Graphic bamboo and coral prints dance with the richest embroidery and make the catwalk show an unforgettable celebration of the best italian design.





[Pictures credit: style.com]

Click here to see the entire collection.


I'm off.

3 comments:

Coco's Tea Party said...

Aww that is very sweet but Coco's Tea Party is still rather small at the moment.
I really do mean it though, out of all the new blogs the past few months yours has been the one that stands out the most so stick with it!
And I am soooooooooo wishing to go away, I used to like Winter but now I just want to be on holiday 24/7

Patent Shoes && Rants said...

I know exactly what you mean!

I don't hate winter, but I do get sick of it at the end.

I liked your truthful comment. I think Fergie is okay, but lately I'm leaning towards the fact that I don't like her, or her style.

And I just got into the pin up look =) I love classics. But I do LOVE INNOVATION!

And no problem about the link, your blog was just to fab to not be linked =)

xoxoxoxo

Char Ruiz Manjarrez said...

I totally agree with you! I adore the winter, for me it's the best time. But one of my fave cruise collection was Gucci. I hadn't though about it for the longest time, darling post.

C.