Saturday, April 5

just for FUN

It is a deliriously sunny, warm day here in Barcelona. The previous sunny days were simply preparing the territory for an outstanding Saturday morning, so I felt it was my duty to go out and enjoy a good breakfast beneath the sunlight. I did so as I chatted on the phone with a friend, read a little, and had a close look at what people were wearing for this specially nice weather. And I was struck with an awful sort of surprise, those who were not still wearing their dull dark-coloured jackets or sweaters (I do not know who they survived, by the way) wore shorts and tank tops. Now, seriously, isn't there anything to do but go to the extremes with the slightest climate change? Whatever happened to the Spring wardrobe? The bad or lack of use of colour seems most incomprehensible to me, with all those florals and bold colours showing up everywhere!
Because all of this, people's lack of fun and colour for dressing today, I write this post. There is a brand that came my way not long ago and that I've been finding interesting lately. It's called 55DSL and it was initially created as an experimental spin-off from Diesel to later establish itself as an independent brand. "The line was originally inspired by radical sports – snow, surf and skate – and these remain anchored in its DNA. But as the brand grew, it embraced the fusion of sport and urban culture that is the foundation of today’s street style.", this is how the brand describes itself. I know that to most of you, fashionistas of the world, this will not sound very promising, but I ask you to have a look first.

I personally find very interesting the manner in which they play around with the named extreme sports inspiration, you can see it yet it's not so evident. Then, I'm quite fond of the colours they've used and the fits of the clothes as well as that very cool degradé (like Prada's). I don't know about you, but in the summertime I usually find myself searching through my closet trying to find something that it's not so tight nor too loose in which to feel comfortable and stylish. I reckon 22DSL has achieved that point.
I really like the colour jeans, I was surprised to find them in pink for guys! What do you think of them? and I am also in love with the checked shorts and the bunnies t-shirt!


Also, I found this jumpsuits and dress for girls. I have been wondering for a while whether I'll see any girls wearing jumpsuits about town, but looking at these has made it easier for me to picture them on the streets. I quite like the grey one because it looks like the kind of garment that you could wear just like that plus some Converse or stylish it up with a belt and some heels.


[Pictures credit: 55dsl.com]

For more information about 55DSL, click here.

I'm off.

10 comments:

Coco's Tea Party said...

starting this post with the line 'It is a deliriously sunny, warm day here in Barcelona.' makes me want to hate you a little out of jealousy
Obviously I can't becuase you are too lovely!
But it's raining here!!!!!!!!!

wecouldgrowup2gether said...

i bought the ginormous beige jersey one from the lady's department!

Jillian Hobbs said...

Okay you're evil! I am beyond jealous of your sunny weather and even more jealous of your ability to flaunt it *sigh* someday it will warm up in New York again...

btw I AM LOVING the jacket that first girl is wearing holy hotness! there is just something about the colour blue!

Aisha said...

Sii,a quí también hace un calor infernal y lo peor es que dicen que nisiquiera habrá el otoño que todos los mortales conocemos, sino uno que los conocedores denominan "otoño soleado" (sí, muy caluroso).

Me encanta como las casacas de UO... los colores en degradé, eso las hace especiales!

Ray TETAUIRA said...

well i love jumsuits for guys !! have u seen the gold burberry one ? or D&G ?!! so cool !! and for girls there's some nice one from lee cooper

Aisha said...

sí, yo también me sorprendí de encontrar esa foto de Emma :), ya que no hay muchas fotos papparazzi de ella que muestren su estilo personal...

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

Oh I will look them up
I love those nylon jackets I really want one. the weather is getting better here too, but not nearly as hot as spain!!

Wendy said...

I'm definitely ready to pull out a romper or jumpsuit.

Lynn and Horst said...

love the gradient jacket for guys

EvaAmarri said...

oh wow cool. the sommunications director contacted me about it