Wednesday, February 3

Britishness flash

I know for a fact that if I said I am not big on celebrity Vogue covers many people would give me their nods in agreement. But this is not such time. I saw Alexa Chung on the cover of the March issue of British Vogue and I somehow could not come up with a consistent complaint or any obvious flaws. On the contrary, her casual coolness (or reality chic, as Vogue likes to call it) brings in a freshness that we haven't seen in many months by injecting a more contemporaneous feel that escapes the tacky pastel covers. (Also, check her out on the Pepe Jeans ads, where she looks freakishly like Anja Rubik's evil twin).
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Following the like of fashionable Britishness, I was glad to read (also on British Vogue —they were on fire today) that many LFW shows will be streamed live. Woop! Click here for the whole fashion week schedule and get your pens ready for some heavy reviewing. Giulia and I are still trying to be the physically but nothing is yet confirmed. I am pretty excited about Bailey this season, don't ask me why. I can't wait for the 23rd!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

[Pictures credit: Vogue.com]

I'm off.

No comments: