Thursday, February 25

London Highlights

London fashion week seemed like a reaction to NYFW. New York was pleasing and the renowned names delivered but American fashion tends to be rather homogeneous. London is anything but. For FW10 many designers chose to morph their signature styles into unaccustomed looks that resulted in very a refreshing variety (Note how Matthew Williamson refrained from making glitzy garments). soVIPzone's favourites (Antonio Berardi, Marios Schwab and Christopher Kane) were far from disappointing. My legs still wobble at the sinuous lines of Schwab and Giulia is still gasping for air after Berardi's peek-a-boo lace and Kane's embroidered leather. Peter Pilotto surprised me, there is something commercial yet fascinating about his clothes and the way he uses fabric. I was baffled by how much I enjoyed Holly Fulton's pop-art-deco prints. I'm not a big graphic print fan, you see. Who were your favourites?
[Pictures: Style.com]
I'm off.

1 comment:

Juliet said...

Burberry Prorsum and Erdem were my two top favorites from London. London hasn't been THIS good in a long time!

juliet xxx