Thursday, March 4

Dries

Yesterday, as I got back from a lovely walk in St. James' park and checked twitter, I went mental. Anyone from Giovanna Battaglia to the Vogue Paris team to Fashionista were crazily tweeting about Dries Van Noten's outstanding location and collection. I desperately tried to find the pictures but, of course, no one had uploaded them yet. The closest thing I found were three shots from Hilary Alexander's review. Eventually, Vogue.fr did it! I anxiously clicked next, next, next. As I looked at the clothes I realised the whole show had many things in common with these three postcards that I bought at the MoMa in San Francisco and that stick to my wall just above my laptop. Funnily enough, they cover the period from which Dries took inspiration. Great minds think alike.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Clockwise: 1948 Balenciaga, 1956 Dior, 1947 Dior. All by Richard Avedon.
The collection deserved every bit of praise. It was a magnificent compilation of formal/informal garments that are simply the essentials any woman wishes to have in her wardrobe. Plenty of the FW10 trendy khaki and leopard as well as the most beautiful colour-water prints in silk. Eclectic in the chicest of ways.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
[Pictures: vogue.fr]
I'm off.

No comments: