Tuesday, March 2

Milan highlights

Whether is was entirely due to Anna Wintour's preferences or not, Milan fashion week occurred way too fast. We almost didn't have enough time to savour every collection the way they deserved. As it happened in London, the Italians proved that they know the direction they're going and that they haven't lost that savoire faire that first made them so popular. For the first time, I have organised the collections in order of my liking (excluding, of course, Marni and No. 21 which deserved special mention). Dolce & Gabbana pleasantly surprised me this season rooting back to their great basics and putting special emphasis in power dressing. Gucci, who in past seasons seemed unfocused, came back better than ever with an ode to Tom Ford times. While Donatella is still trying to find something that deserves having his brother's name on the tag, Christopher Kane's intervention at Versus succeeded in bringing the brand back into fashion from obsoleteness. —What's your favourite?
[Pictures: Style.com]
I'm off.

2 comments:

Ivânia Santos (Diamond) said...

Loveeee this pics!! <3


And...i loved your blog!!

xoxo**

Juliet said...

It did go by too fast! I think all the big collections were amazing -which isn't for sure always- and they didn't get the time they deserved. Pucci really surprised me, I'm still not over it.

juliet xxx