Wednesday, March 24

peaches from Monaco

This short post is the product of a bit of a long story and a few random stops on websites. This morning I was having a look at what the buyers from Net-a-Porter had chosen from the Versace SS10 collection. I was quite excited because, even though I have never been a fan of Donatella's creative decisions, I have very much liked the turn the brand has started taking in the last few seasons. SS10 went a little back to Gianni's 80's, which was refreshingly retro, if you know what I mean. This time, there was more of a pastel feel to the colours and gold was substituted with silver —trying to get away from the traditional Versace tackiness Donatella has us used to.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
In the middle of doing this I made my daily stop at RDuJour to see what glamourous content they had come up with for today. As it turned out, an interview Barbara Walters had with Princess Caroline of Monaco around 1985. I was happy to see them embracing the 80's with (Caroline) an all-white ensemble and (Barbara) in pastel peach. This last outfit made me think straight away of Versace's peach colour for this summer, of which Net-a-Porter happens to be selling a few pieces. End of the story.

Click here to see the second part of the interview.
[Sources: Style.com, Net-a-Porter.com, RDuJour.com]
I'm off.

Net-a-porter UK Front Row

5 comments:

Copley said...

When I read this blog I'm always in awe of the depth of fashion knowledge. Great work.

Reyes said...

i like

Kirstie Marié said...

I can't say I have always been a fan of Versace, the constant glamour and glitter is not to my taste, however I like the way S/S10 has been toned down slightly with the use of pastel shades and fairly simplistic silhouettes.

Your blog is so delightful, it makes me feel rather intelligent in contrast to the depth of your posts. I love!!

Kirstie Marié

Juliet said...

First: I am totally with you about Versace, it is definitely finding it way on my lists of favorites, slowly though. And secondly: Caroline <3. I'm such a fan of Royalties!

juliet xxx

Elena said...

Gracias por el comentario!
Muaa