Friday, October 15

Fashion month: the shoe

I know it's mid October already and I should be focusing on FW10 but I am still digesting all we saw in and out the catwalks during fashion month. I had predicted the Isabel Marant and Prada stilettos would be the greatest hit on the editor's front but, though I wasn't wrong, there was a shoe that I had underestimated. The pointy studded collection from Valentino was actually the most worn shoe. I should have seen it coming. It is feminine but there's something different about it, a kind of innocent edginess that obviously captivated celebrities and editors alike. And not only the classic pump triumphed but the flats and, more surprisingly, the kitten heels did as well. No one could have predicted the success of the latter, as only Anna Wintour was known to wear this infamous heel height.
ValentinoFW10shoes
Different women with different styles and different jobs wore the Valentino shoes proving they don't only belong in the closet of one type of woman. Can you remember or guess who whore which model? And, more importantly, would you wear kitten heels?
CelebsinValentinoFW10
I'm off.

[Pictures: NeimanMarcus.com, Net-a-Porter.com, Style.com, Vogue.com, TFS]

1 comment:

María said...

Gotta have em!
Lo llevo pensando desde que los vi por primera vez!
¿Y si adelanto mi cumpleañs?Muahahaha
Love ya, darling
María P.