Tuesday, October 26

What's new copycat?

Shock. That's what I felt when I first saw a picture of a blonde wearing a Meadham Kirchoff dress with Burberry Prorsum ankle boots in Paris. If you remember my post from a couple of days ago, that's exactly what Yasmin Sewell had worn in London two week earlier. I had a little giggle as I went to Yasmin's twitter and saw she had tweeted about it at the beginning of the month : "So I wear a meadham kirchoff dress with burberry boots to LFW, and some chic[k] wears the exact same outfit to PFW...what's that about?". It's funny how no one can get away with stuff like this anymore, all thanks to the internet. However, I have to say the poor girl didn't even stand a chance in the first place. To begin with, not only she isn't Yasmin (which is to say a lot) but she also doesn't have her fantastic hair. Concerning the outfit, Sewell managed to pull off a sophisticated take on that juxtaposition of fragile and tough I've mentioned so much lately. She looks cool and classy. Alas, the blonde girl was neither. Not only she decided to bare most of her body but she also added socks (to shearling boots!). Add in the polka dots from the dress and you get a homeless clown from Shoreditch.
YasminSewellcopycatSS11
I'm off.

[Pictures: MrNewton.com]

7 comments:

Penny Dreadful said...

Poor blonde girl. But yes, Yasmin wins this without even trying (which is sort of the point).

Cupcake said...

Weirdly coincidential!!

Coco's Tea Party said...

Why does blondie get a miss though? I think she looks fab!

Coco's Tea Party said...

Why does blondie get a miss though? I think she looks fab!

Adrian said...

I don't think the blonde's look is a miss at all! she looks really good too, plus who did NOT wear those shoes this season? BTW it's Elena Perminova, Alexander Lebedev's girlfriend. Look her up, she has great style acutally!

Sox L. Cillian said...

great post!

www.soxie-gal.bogspot.com

Pippa said...

Love Yasmin, but the blonde gives it a totally different mood! If I had to choose? Blonde all the way.