Wednesday, November 3

Gossip Girl Fashion: "War at the Roses"

This time let me warn you loud and clear for your own good. If you haven't seen this episode of Gossip Girl and don't want to know what happens, stop reading now. There are major spoilers ahead.
This week's episode of Gossip Girl had much less action than last week's and yet it's surprises and turns completely exceeded the previous episode. The fashion, however, wasn't bad but definitely not up to GG standard. Remember, don't keep reading if you don't want to know!
First I'd like to say of how jealous I am of those upper-East-side breakfasts we see every week. My life would simply be amazing if I could start my day with pancakes and crepes and fresh orange juice on the table every morning. I simply wanted to point that out as they're a usual to the show.
Screen shot 2010-11-02 at 10.52.42
Blair was, by far, the fashion queen of this episode. She first shows up at Chuck and her "treaty negotiations" in a green tweed Giambattista Valli skirt suit with a printed Chris Benz blouse underneath. The outfit is definitely more apt for older women but it somehow works on Blair as well. And please note how she's back to using headbands...
Her other outfit (more age-appropriate) is the J Mendel dress she wears to her birthday party on the episode. I really really liked how the dress drapes down one side of the chest and Blair is wearing her hair to the other side, as if playing with asymmetry.
Screen shot 2010-11-02 at 10.54.01
BlairinGVGG
The boys, as usual, paraded around in a variety of checked shirts and jackets. However, I have to mention the Dan/Missoni moment. I am quite positive this was a coincidence but I loved the contrast between Dan's checked red shirt and the classic Missoni print on the chair he's sitting on. Genius. And just as much I liked Nate's checked jacket. I was glad to see him in a plain shirt for a change and his outfit was dimple but kind of refreshing. Although someone needs to sort out his hair.
Screen shot 2010-11-02 at 10.54.44
Screen shot 2010-11-02 at 10.56.04
Another of my favourite moments this week was Blair freaking out about the choice of flowers in her birthday arrangements. It reminded me so much of that scene from The Devil Wears Prada when Miranda says: "Do I smell freesias? If I see freesias anywhere I will be very disappointed".
Screen shot 2010-11-02 at 10.57.02
And this week's guests were (or was) the best so far. Or, at least, my favourites. None other than Rachel "Bananas" Zoe made a cameo that we'll remember for life. I could barely believe my eyes when she appeared at Blair's party. Also attending the celebration were Joe Zee, who I find to be quite bland but people seem to like, and American designer (I sound like Heidi Klum) Cynthia Rowley.
Screen shot 2010-11-02 at 10.58.08
Screen shot 2010-11-02 at 10.58.53
And this, ladies and gentleman, was the highlight of the episode. One of the most memorable GG scenes so far. Blair dashes across the room and accidentally pushes a waiter who, then, pushes Rachel Zoe to the ground.  She falls on her little bum, looks up and says that she's alright. (Quite good acting here so far)
Screen shot 2010-11-02 at 10.59.48
The worst part comes when she tries to hold on to the table to get back up and she spills all the chocolate fondant over her blonde locks. Camera moves away to capture Joe Zee's cringing at the scene.
Screen shot 2010-11-02 at 10.59.49 1
Screen shot 2010-11-02 at 10.59.54
And then, Rachel goes beyond with her acting and delivers her tagline with that little pause we love in the middle. I was simply in awe.
RZonGG
And to top it all off, THIS. If watching Rachel Zoe so involved in a Gossip Girl episode wasn't enough, Chuck and Blair had to put the cherry on top with an extremely aggressive making out, which I'm shocked even made the final cut. But I'm not complaining. Although I wonder where things will go from here...
Screen shot 2010-11-02 at 11.03.26
I'm off.

[Pictures: Screen caps, cwtv.com ]

1 comment:

Cupcake said...

Fashionable show!!