Monday, November 29

To the Tom Tom Tom

I'm usually not too keen on having a look at my favourite magazine's features before they hit the newsstand because I like the excitement that I feel as I turn every page and discover something new. However, there are occasions when I can hardly help myself. Tom Ford guest-editing the latest issue of Vogue Paris is most definitely one of those times. I hope what I've seen so far is only the beginning of what I'll get to se inside the magazine once it comes out on the 30th. From what I've seen so far, Ford has done a lot of the photography himself, which is very much a treat. I am not only a fan of his photography because it's Tom but because he worked with Steven Klein so closely and for so long that the influences are evident. And Klein is one of my favourite photographers. I am particularly interested on his "La panthère ose" ("The daring panther", a title already used by the magazine for their December 2007 issue) editorial as it reminds me so much of one of my favourite shoots, "Makeover Madness", by Steven Meisel for Vogue Italia. Ford's version seems like the aftermath of Meisel's work. Hopefully, it will live up to it's predecessor's standard.
image
04_4
08_3
05_4
I'm off.

[Pictures: TFS]

No comments: