Tuesday, March 15

TITLE12
DionLeeforCueI am so glad fashion is finally looking beyond Paris, Milan and New York for fashion. Putting London back in the list of the big ones took a lot of effort but thanks to it some other really great fashion weeks like Australia's are starting to get the attention they deserve. I was extremely impressed with their SS11 collections. My favourite, without a doubt, was Dion Lee's. His collections are clever and straightforward, full of architectural clothes with a lot of light. Some people would label them as minimalist but I rather describe them as intelligently uncomplicated. My latest discovery has been his collaboration with high street brand Cue (a kind of Australian COS). I am crazy about his parka and the way he uses cut-outs and slits as the only detailing in his clothes, which reminds me of the angular scalloped shape of the Sydney Opera House funnily enough.

Will any of you Australian readers send one of those parkas my way, please? :P
I'm off.

[Pictures: dionlee.cue.cc]

1 comment:

dempss01 said...

Thanks for the post! I'll be keeping an eye out for the new collection :)