Tuesday, March 1

TrueGrit2

Dsquared2fw11I used to be a big Dsquared2 fan some 6 years ago. For some reason I grew tired of it and their collections really bored me. They made me change my mind about them with their FW09 collection, which did a really quirky take on celebrity street style. Ever since then I have really liked them again. For FW11 they took on the Far West. As I went through the pictures I couldn't but think of True Grit, which has been so talked about both for the stellar performances of Jeff Bridges and Heilee Steinfeld and for the latter's red carpet style. I absolutely love how Dean and Dan always manage to include jeans into any look regardless of its time of origin. I loved their interpretation of this look with the exaggerated hats and long coats. Maybe they should collaborate with the Coen brothers next time for a Black Swan/Rodarte kind of thing.

I'm off.

[Pictures: Style.com, screendaily.com, photogallery.filmofilia.com]

No comments: