Friday, April 15

TITLEWangflat
Wangflat1
A couple of days ago when I posted about the new issue of W I said how excited I was to see Alex Wang's apartment in New York and I haven't even had to wait more than 2 days or for the magazine to come to London to see he pictures.
I was firstly struck by the glossy decor. All the shiny black and silver and gold metallic detailing made me think that's what it must be like to live inside a Tom Ford perfume bottle. I expected a lot of black but more in the line with battered ebony furniture and lots of dark and grotesque ethnic figures. Minimalistic but with character.
The zebra rugs look almost tacky and the white lilies remind me of those stereotypical and bland Vogue offices. However, I did absolutely love some pieces like the A-shaped legs of his table and the croc dining chairs.
Seeing his actual flat it's easier to see how his latest FW11 collection takes on lounge and sportswear in such a luxurious way. Natasha Poly in a silk black gown and furry heels would fit right into Wang's apartment. 








[Style.com, RDuJour.com]
Wangflat2

No comments: