Tuesday, May 17

Anna gets hip- Oscar de la Renta Cruise 2012OdlRentaCruise12
After Chanel's show last week we're being drip-fed the rest of Cruise 2012 collections. It will be months before we see many more. Bottega Veneta and Oscar de la Renta are the only ones so far to have made their lines public, also with catwalk shows.
I tend to find mid-season collections either quite exciting or ridiculously boring. Bottega had a couple of hits but my favourite were mainly beige or faded khaki pieces with a slight safari inspiration and the silk colour-blocking cocktail dresses.

Oscar de la Renta was a litte kitch for my taste. I love his mainline collection when he does his typical 50's incredible gowns  and his cute cocktail numbers but this was not it. There were a lot of crazy prints and pattern mixing I didn't quite get. However, I did appreciate the slightly hip-er feel to the collection. I could especially see some of these very colourful pieces on Anna Wintour. She would rock the matching sequin dress and cardigan and pair the bonkers prints with her trademarked necklaces.
[Style.com]

No comments: