Friday, May 13

TITLEcannes2011day1Cannes2011day1
Day one of the Cannes film festival started with all the right fashion choices. Cannes is a lot of fun because we always get to see an arrival day look for the photocall at the marina and an evening gown for the red carpet event.
My two favourites of the day were Rachel McAdams and Uma Thurman. Rachel first wore a Maxime Simoens cocktail number that read a lot better on the catwalk that it did against her pale skin and golden locks. To make up for it she wore an extraordinary Marchesa dress of red lace and nude chiffon. It's rare that a Marchesa dress blows me away because they are often overused but Rachel wears is with great flair. And I loved the sort of retro weaves on her hair!
Uma had two hits in a row. The first with one of the season's famous Dolce & Gabbana white dresses. A very simple and very sexy number that fit her like a glove. The second, also in white but by Versace. I loved the cut-outs of the original dress but I loved the kind of old Hollywood glamour that their absence gave the gown.
I was also very keen on Fan Bing Bing's choice. I first noticed her at the last Christian Dior Couture show and I loved her kind or oriental take on Dita Von Teese's style.
Salma Hayek, however, had not only one miss but two. Both signed by Gucci.

[JustJared, Zimbio]

No comments: