Sunday, May 15

TITLEwmagjuliarWmagjuliaroberts
Ever since Stafano Tonchi took over the role of Editor-in-Chief of W magazine there's been a lot of negative talk of his work for the magazine. The fact is that I'm truly loving everything that he's done so far. I have had some problems with some of the covers but when am I actually happy with a cover? Exactly.
The cover of the June issue is almost perfect. Julia Roberts hasn't done a big cover since the slightly odd American ELLE in September'10 so this one doesn't feel repetitive like Alexa on the cover of British Vogue. I'm also quite keen on the picture crop. As I've said before I'm so tired of awkward close-ups. It kind of reminded me of the criticised December/January issue of Vogue Paris.
L'Wren Scott styled the shoot by Mario Sorrenti, which while it's not the edgiest of styling, it suits Julia's effortless elegance.

What do you think of the cover?




[Wmagazine]

No comments: