Wednesday, May 25

Introducing- Hayley AtwoodHayleyAtwell
I've been panicking this week because most of the TV shows I watch finished last week until September. So I started to scan the web for any other good ones I had missed. That's how I found 'Any human heart', which I started watching last night.
The show, based on the novel 'Any Human Heart: The Intimate Journals of Logan Mountstuart' by William Boyd, is definitely a must-watch so add it to your list. There's something quite 'Brideshead Revisited' about it. It's beautifully shot and brilliantly edited and I'm really into the storyline and how it's been structured.
The episodes are quite long so I haven't made it past the first one yet. The costume design doesn't stand out as much as, say, Mad Men's but it's very nicely thought out. As are all the settings and photography.
My favourite character so far is Freya, played by Hayley Atwell. Her name might not sound familiar but you will recognise her face. She played Bess in 'The Duchess' and Julia in 'Brideshead Revisited' and has also starred in 'Cassandra's Dream' and ' Captain America'. She is one of those actresses, like Keira Knightley, who looks absolutely breath-taking in period-drama costumes but whose style off-screen is not as interesting. She reminds me of a young Bianca Jagger and she looks incredible in ever scene!
[Imdb]

No comments: