Monday, May 9

TITLEmaisonmichelss11MaisonMichelss11
When I first heard of Maison Michel a few months ago I couldn't believe the brand had been around for years and I didn't know about it. It was during the FW11 fashion weeks that I really started to notice a lot of fashion insiders like Elena Perminova wearing them. I loved the fact that the colourful fedoras were mostly just classic pieces with a twist introduced by some chiffon detailing and the M logo, which I had assumed stood for Missoni.
Their SS11 lookbook, shot by Karl Lagerfeld, has a lot of standout pieces like the headbands Bambi is wearing. My favourite, however, is the rain hood with Mickey Mouse ears and pearl detailing on the trimming. It reminds me a lot of the infamous mouse and bunny ears the Olsens (who else!) wore a while back.
The hats and headpieces are a little pricey but if you're keen you can get yours from Matches or Browns and soon from Net-a-Porter too. To have a look at the rest of their lookbook and past collections click here to go to their website.






[Style.com, Michel-Paris.com]

No comments: