Sunday, June 12

Three Names that nailed Cruise 2012
Cruise2012
[Style.com]
I think it would be fair to say that this last badge of cruise collections has been the best one since the so-called midseason became a fashionable thing for brands to do. As I mentioned before, I was particularly impressed with Erdem's simple concept and exquisite cuts and details and I rather enjoyed Chanel even though it was more of the same.
Even though there are still some more to come I will risk saying that we have seen the three best collections already.
The first is The Row. Being such a young brand they are already venturing into Cruise and doing it so well! A big part of the line seemed to focus around breton stripes, which is a pretty simple but genius idea. I would assume the Olsens picked breton stripes because they signify both nautical attire and Gabrielle Chanel and there is no better combination for a perfect Cruise look.
Acne has did PreFall for the first time last year and now joins the Cruise club too. I was pleasantly surprised with their collection concept, which spoke resort but was also quite urban. I especially loved the way dresses, skirts and camisoles were layered over or under each other.
By this, his third collection for Theory, Olivier Theyskens has managed to make of it a cult brand. I was happy to see a lot more colour and then usual black and white the designer usually delivers on the runway. My favourites were the various blazers, interestingly cut in different materials and paired up with sheer silk or blocky maxi skirts. I was also in awe of the shoes, huge wedges topped by metallic colours and pointy ends.

No comments: