Thursday, June 30

w11
YSLcampaignfw11
@YSL,  @inezandvinoodh, Models.com
Yves Saint Laurent's ad campaigns are usually the kind that you half notice and you appreciate they're look nice but that rarely really get your attention. Inez and Vinoodh have, as per usual, shot the whole campaign for f/w11.
I love the look of the new campaign! Raquel Zimmerman looks super pale and the pose is odd but it works really well despite the slight nod to Balenciaga (via the volumes and oversized houndstooth). I love the fact that it's different from quite a few of YSL's adverts, which have looked rather bland.
If I don't forget any in between, Kate Moss' campaign for s/s08 (bottom left) was the last one that actually felt cool and luxurious. That felt Yves Saint Laurent.

I hope the rest of the campaign pictures are just as good at this. In fact, while I was finishing the post I came across this other one, which looks even more amazing, right?

No comments: