Monday, July 11

W August’11- Is Stefano edgy enough for you
WmagAug11
Wmagazine.com
To all the doubters who still questioned Stefano Tonchi's point of view as editor of W, here it is, the August issue.
Tilda Swinton, shot by Tim Walker and styled by Jacob Kjeldgaard, covers the issue in some Ferragamo, Acne and Chris Benz (hat!). And I barely know where to begin.
Someone at work very rightly pointed out how this editorial could easily fit into an issue of Dazed and Confused, which I guess is what makes it so genius. The fact that something quite so alternative can cover a mainstream magazine is super refreshing. Tim Walker's photography brings a cinematic element into it and Tilda absolutely rocks the styling, which includes everything from Rick Owens, Chanel, McCartney, Haider Ackermann, Margiela, Chalayan, Armani, Comme des Garçons, Zero + Maria Cornejo... the list goes on.

I have been so excited about this since I saw it two hours ago I would probably be happy filling 1000 words saying "IloveitIloveitIloveit" but the spell check would be a nightmare.
I just hope that this is enough to quiet all the voices that kept insisting on how the magazine was so much better before Tonchi. I've been a bigger fan of the magazine since he started at it and have been repeatedly saying so. I will even forgive him the horrific Aguilera/Beyoncé double cover from last month.

1 comment:

The Rain Will Remain said...

This is amazing, love Tim Walker. Need to get this asap