Thursday, August 25

Déjà vu all over again, by Mario Sorrenti
Wmagsept11
FashionGoneRogue, Models.com
In this era of technology we live in where we get to see magazine editorials before they even hit newsstands it's weird that some people still think they can get away with anything.
I was looking through the images of the "Kapow!" editorial on the September issue of W –shot by Mario Sorrenti and styled by Jane How. It quickly hit me that I had seen that before. In fact, I had already made a post the likes of this one a few months ago about a Britney shoot for Harper's Bazaar, although the comparison is abysmal.
Emanuelle Alt had styled a very similar story for Vogue Paris, also shot by Mario Sorrenti. I guess he really likes graffiti and models against them. However, I have to admit that even though Raquel Zimmerman's version has always been one of my favourite editorials Jane How's styling works a lot better with the backgrounds.

Which one do you prefer?
Wmagsept11B
FashionGoneRogue, Models.com

No comments: