Tuesday, August 30

Was Adele’s Burberry dress for the VMA’s a hint
AdeleVMABurberry
JustJared, Courtesy of Burberry, Iñaki C.
One of my favourite things about Christopher Bailey is that he likes to keep the womenswear and menswear lines he designs for Burberry closely linked. He always links both collections by using the same inspiration and colours. Sometimes he even designs the same item both for men and women.

This is why the Burberry dress that Adele wore to the VMA's last night has me wondering. The singer walked the red carpet in a classic black number with colourful geometric wooden pieces appliqued around the neckline.
It instantly reminded me of some of my favourite pieces from the menswear SS12 collection I saw on the catwalk in Milan last June. It was also this dress that got me wondering whether this dress is a hint at Bailey's upcoming SS12 Burberry Prorsum womenswear collection, set to debut during the next London Fashion Week.

What do you think?

No comments: