Monday, August 8

Project Runway’s nods to McQueen
projectrunwaymcq
Style.com,  myLifetime.com
I don't know if any of you still watch Project Runway. I was a big fan of the show during the first two seasons. After stopping watching the seasons when they moved the show to LA, I started to watch again for season 8. Now we're onto season 9 and it seems to be quite good so far.
For the second challenge –My Pet Project– they had to make clothes out of pet shop materials. Contestants usually suck at this challenge season after season because it's hard to work with awkward materials but two of the designs really impressed me.
The first one was a sleeveless mini dress with a mid-rise neck. It was covered with bird food had a sunflower-seed degradé detail on the neck. It was so chic and it reminded me a lot of the bejewelled Alexander McQueen number from SS09.
The second one had a similar silhouette. This one had short sleeves and a more voluminous skirt. The top was made of polyester filter fibre –a kind of shearling– and the skirt was made of two tones of hamster bedding. The texture of this one also reminded me of a McQueen dress from the same SS09 collection. Even the styling was a little McQueen.
I am hoping for great fashion moments like these in the coming episodes of season 9.

Are you watching?

No comments: