Tuesday, August 9

Christopher Kane’s chic gel waves
EpwPIe on Make A Gif, Animated Gifs
Style.com, Gel-collared shirt, gel-detail dress and PVC gel clutch all @ Net-a-Porter

Christopher Kane is one of the reasons London Fashion Week makes me so excited season after season. His last FW11 collection was particularly genius. I found the crochet pieces that opened the show quite interesting but it was the second half of the show that made the collection so amazing.
I'm hoping to see many of the LBDs with the PVC gel detailing on people like Alexa Chung, who already wore a dress from this collection to the Met Gala, and Kate Bosworth.
It's so cool how the blue and green gel and the wavy lines make the pieces so fun and how they give dresses a different feel as they change the way they move. One of my favourite items, which wasn't shown on the catwalk, is the white shirt with the PVC collar. It could make such a playful office look with a black tube skirt and a blazer and it would look great with skinny jeans and a pair of brogues (Alexa, take note).
The clutches come in a number of colours and, if you can afford them, would give a nice touch to an evening look. They remind me a lot of a pencil case I used to have in school. Maybe that's why I love the collection so much.

1 comment:

Baggy Jeans said...

Christopher Kane is one of my favorite Fashion Designer's!