Wednesday, September 21

Tangram tees, wedges and raffia trench coats at Burberry Prorsum SS12
BurberrySS12
Courtesy of Burberry, Style.com
It seems like I was right to suspect that the Burberry Prorsum SS12 womenswear collection could go along the lines of the menswear line I saw in Milan in June.
Before I get into what I liked from the collection I have to talk about Burberry's insane front row. I've never seen so many celebrities at the front row of a London show. I must admit I was most excited about seeing Rachel Zoe in the flesh for the first time. Rodger and Mandana were sitting on the row behind, looking a bit confused. I was standing opposite all of them (see picture below) and having Sienna Miller, Gemma Aterton and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley sitting next to each other made it a little hard for me to concentrate on the clothes... But I still managed it.
You wouldn't believe how many times I've heard "How amazing was Burberry?" in the last two days. Everyone was in awe of how Christopher Bailey keeps managing to reinvent the trench coat season after season. This time he took African inspiration in the shape of tribal prints and wooden applique.
The most memorable for me were the raffia trench coats and wedges because of all the craftsmanship that had gone into them and, well seeing Anja Rubik on a catwalk for the first time.
BurberrySS12frontrow

No comments: