Monday, September 12

Prabal Gurung SS12- Ultraviolet sci-fi jellyfish
PrabalGurungSS12
Style.com
I've been a big fan of Prabal Gurung ever since Karlie Kloss opened his FW11 show in an asymmetrical red dress. Funnily enough, it was his Resort 2012 collection that made me fall in love with his work.

I was ecstatic to catch the live streaming of his SS12 show. I loved the silk and chiffon mini dresses that reminded me of jellyfish and how they seem fragile but they're really tough creatures. And that was the attitude for the collection. The prints, which Prabal started to master in his FW11 collection, were perfectly symmetrical in the way that a Rorschach test would be if it were painted with violet watercolours. The sci-fi sunglasses seemed almost stuck to the models' faces and added to the tough attitude.
There were a lot of shorts and dropped-waist dresses, which we have been seeing a lot of in New York so far. But Prabal also provided show-stoppers like Karlie's side slit black gown with geometric cut out details covered in chiffon.

I usually don't pay too much attention to beauty but I really noticed it this time. I loved the slicked back hair –a middle part in kept in its place with gel and the rest of the hair flowing at the back– and the makeup –an overall natural look with strong blush and beautiful fuchsia and purple lips.

1 comment:

Le Petit Closet said...

I love purple colour in eyes make up.