Sunday, November 6

The accessory of the season- Damir Doma’s chokers
DamirDomaSS12
Style.com, Know Wear
A few weeks ago I had the fortune of being invited to the PR Consulting SS12 press day. They represent some of my favourite designers such as Proenza Schouler, Dries Van Noten, Jil Sander and The Row. And they have such a lovely hard-working team!
One of the collections that I found most fascinating up close was Damir Doma. I had been a fan of the designer's menswear for a few seasons but hadn't looked too closely at his womens line, which he only launched for SS11.
The textures of the clothes were one of the most interesting aspects about the collection, which consisted mostly of layer of blacks, greys and shades of mustard. I loved the sort of Greek feel to it that Doma approached from his knowledge of menswear –the tailoring is simply exquisite.
But I must say that my favourite part of the collection were the golden brass decorating jackets and the unbelievable chokers. They are the perfect accessory for a simple summer dress. They give this attitude to a look that I love on women. They've been made in different stones and, just fyi, they can be unscrewed in two parts to avoid scratching your neck putting them on.

No comments: