Tuesday, November 15

Vogue Fashion Fund Award
JosephAltuzarraCFDA11
Style.com, Vogue.com
Last night the New York fashion scene celebrated this year's edition of the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Awards. I have been avidly following the progress of the contestants through Vogue.com's weekly videos. You might remember a mention or two about this lately.
As soon as I woke up this morning I logged on the website to read who the winner was. I happily found out that Joseph Altuzarra was the lucky winner. I had no doubt that the was the most worthy out of all the nominees but I was glad to see all the CFDA judges (that's including Anna Wintour) agree with me –or vote in the direction I would have.
This not only makes me ecstatic because Joseph is one of the most talented young designers –he did train at Givenchy and Proenza, after all– out there but also because I reviewed his first collection two years ago during my first gig as a writer. I can't quite explain why but I feel I have a connection with his clothes because of that.
I thought it would be nice to choose one of my favourite looks from each of his collections. I tried to pick the ones that were, perhaps, more representative of each season. It's great to see the progress when you put all the looks together.

No comments: