Thursday, November 3

L’Afrique, c’est chic et L’Australie c’est magnifique!
VogueAusEdDec11
Fashion Gone Rogue
I already told you how excited I am about Vogue Australia when I posted about their latest cover with Isabel Lucas last Saturday. The fact that they're now focusing on summer wear instead of FW11 only adds to their strong aesthetic and point of view.
One of the main editorials inside the December issue follows the line of African inspiration that the cover suggests. In L'Afrique c'est chic, shot by Max Doyle and styled by Fashion Editor naomi Smith, Katie Fogarty slips into some of my favourite Proenza Schouler, Burberry Prorsum and Armani pieces from SS12.
Once again, I can't quite put my finger on what it is exactly that draws me to their imagery but I love every single picture, something I can't always say even with stories by Steven Meisel. I love the mixture of interior and exterior locations, especially the shabby cracked colourful walls.
The styling had a hint of 60's but feels very modern and the hair and makeup are perfect for it –they make a statement without being over the top. J'adore!

No comments: