Tuesday, December 6

Get your shine on, it’s the Prada SS12 Press Day
PradaSS12pressday
Get your shine on, it's the Prada SS12 Press Day
Know Wear
A couple of weeks ago Giulia and I attended the Prada SS12 Press Day. It would be fair to say that out of the dozens of press days lined up this was the one we were most excited about. I'm a huge fan of Miuccia's work. Giulia is too but her keenness goes beyond because she is also a wearer.
Walking into the showroom our faces lit up. And how could they not? There were sparkles everywhere kept in the very good company of Miuccia's celebrated graphic prints of flames and late 1950's cars.
The Prada team was so welcoming and seemed to be as excited about the new collection as us. While we chatted Giulia I and chose our favourite pieces, which she happily modelled for our camera. She was in awe of the bejewelled bags –especially the clutches– and loved the graphic flame flat bags. I personally wasn't sure of how women would feel about looking literally on fire but the way Prada has played with the prints makes them so easy to wear.
My favourite were the shoes. After watching the SS12 show I wondered whether they would have to edit out some of the design as a sacrifice for their sales. But it seems this is exactly the kind of thing Prada can get away with. So I admired the super cool heels worthy of a superhero.
Even though I had already seen them, I couldn't get over how good the jewellery looked. Ever since my last post about it I have been obsessed. I loved finally seeing them in an editorial on one of the last S Moda magazines modelled by Paz de la Huerta.

Do you love?
PradaSS12pressday2
Know Wear

No comments: