Thursday, December 15

Lana del Rey wears Antonio Berardi in her ‘Born to Die’ video
LanadelReyABerardi
Lana del Rey wears Antonio Berardi in her 'Born to Die' video
Courtesy of The Communications Store


You must have been living under a rock not to have heard of Lana del Rey. I don't know where she came from but her first single 'Video Games' literally took the world by storm. I first found out about her when I watched her perform the song at 'Live with Jools Holland' two or three months ago. I was just as much in awe of her voice as I was of her style. There is something about her that makes clothes special, a sort of exquisite vintage feel that looks incredibly current and modern.
The video for her second single 'Born to Die' was released yesterday and I have watched it 4 or 5 times since last night. The photography is unbelivable. I love the symmetry of the Parisian palace where the video was shot and I love Lana's beautiful Antonio Berardi SS11 dress. Berardi is such a great choice for her because it's all about incredible elegant subtle designs. I really really hope we get to see her in one of the long-sleeved embroidered pale pink numbers from the SS12 collection!
You can watch the 'Born to Die' video below. Remember to turn the HD on, it's SO worth it!

No comments: