Wednesday, December 14

Naomi Watts stunning on the cover of Harper’s Bazaar Australia
Harper'sAusJANFEB12
Naomi Watts' stunning Harper's Bazaar Australia cover
TFS
I am seriously considering moving to Australia. If anything, it will be worth it only for their magazine covers. My love affair with them started with this Jessica Alba editorial from a year ago in Harper's and was confirmed by the September cover of Vogue Australia and was followed. The following months were filled with hits –the Arizona Muse multi cover, the Miranda Kerr cover in Mary Katratnzou, and (my favourite yet) the December issue with Isabel Lucas on the cover and this amazing African-inspired editorial inside.
My latest cover love goes out to the new January/February issue of Harper's Bazaar Australia with Naomi Watts. I absolutely love Victor Demarchelier's work because it has some of the essence of what made his dad so famous but Victor has a more modern approach to photography. The styling, by Jillian Davison, is also beautiful. I am particularly keen on the palette –a watercolour jade green font that matches the jewellery and contrasts beautifully with Naomi's blue eyes. It reminded me a bit of the colours from Monet's famous water lily series.

No comments: