Tuesday, December 20

Roksanda Ilincic SS12 collection- A tulip garden
RoksandaIlincicSS12
Roksanda Ilincic SS12 collection: A tulip garden
Vogue.com
I wouldn't be lying if I said that the SS12 Roksanda Ilincic show was one of the runways I was most excited to attend last September during London Fashion Week. And I wasn't alone –everyone I spoke to the day of the show was so looking forward to the show, which took place at a beautiful venue on Pall Mall.
The highlight of the collection was, of course, the volume. I can't tell you how many times I heard people talk about the "fabulous bell sleeves" over the next few days. And rightly so. There was something so interesting about the way these sleeves flowed in motion and how Roksanda translated this volume onto drop-waist dresses and full length skirts. Everything had a sort of organic architectural feel that was also super feminine. This made me think of tulips, which seem so rigid but are actually rather fragile flowers.
Having this said and bearing in mind my Rooney Mara post from yesterday it should come as no surprise that I was over the moon when I saw Mara at The Today Show wearing one of the white SS12 dresses. She already rocked a black jumpsuit from the Cruise 2012 line a few days ago. Some of my other favourite celebrity Roksanda moments include Keira Knightley and Isabel Lucas.

No comments: