Sunday, January 22

Maison Martin Margiela Pre-Fall 2012 by Laia Bonastre
MMMPrefall12LAIA
Maison Martin Margiela Pre-Fall 2012 by Laia Bonastre
Style.com
Back in November I went bananas on this post when I found my dear friend Laia Bonastre on the cover of L'Officiel Maroc. I showed everyone at work and all my friends like a proud parent. And it seems like the excitement didn't end there.
Laia is one of the models featured on Maison Martin Margiela's Pre-Fall 2012 lookbook. It was really weird just coming across her face on Style.com. I was just going through some of the latest collections I hadn't had a chance to look at and suddenly I found this really familiar face staring back at me.
She is a great fit for the brand –she was always the coolest and edgiest (Giulia and I are classics) so I can see why Margiela went for her...!

Regardless of how well Laia wears the clothes I must say I am really into the whole feel of the collection. It has some of the interesting cuts and construction details that Margiela is known for but it's also a lot more wearable than the main line. I love the asymmetric dresses with the pleating details and all the coats. As for looks, I am all about the creme tuxedo with the satin lapel worn with a simple tee and a loose-fitting camel duffle coat.


No comments: