Monday, February 20

London Fashion Week- Acne FW12
AcneFW12
London Fashion Week: Acne FW12
Style.com
Yesterday night I attended the Acne FW12 show in London. I had brimming with excitement because not only it was the only show I was seeing on Sunday but it was also the first time I got to see Acne live on the catwalk.
I was firstly impressed by the size of the venue, a massive warehous-y space with chunky cement columns. It seemed like the intimate shows they used to hold in London are no longer possible because the brand's become super popular and everyone wants to be there – everyone from Emmanuelle Alt and Yasmin Sewell to Taylor Tomasi Hill and Garance Doré were there.
The collection, which the models walked down to an intoxicating electronic beat, didn't disappoint. I have always regarded Acne as mainly a shape-focused brand much in the line of a young and more commercial Margiela. But this time it looked like it was just as much about colour and fabrics. The collection kept me wondering over and over again which material was this or that. Especially with the leathers, I just couldn't figure out it it was real or pleather. My absolute favourite pieces were the fluffy emerald pencil skirt and the daring orange coat.
The shoes were my other highlight. There were more models that I can account for –military suede ankle boots, strappy sandals, utilitarian flats... And all to die for!

No comments: