Friday, April 20

Leelee Sobieski, the new style icon
LeeSobieski
Leelee Sobieski, the new style icon
JustJared
Sometimes it takes me longer than it should to recognise true style, even if it seems obvious. It happened with Rooney Mara a while back and now it's Leelee Sobieski's turn.
Up until recently I had only noticed her every so often like when she wore a stunning Mary Katrantzou I loved. I guess that I didn't really start to remember her until she wore the white Adam Kimmel tuxedo to the 2011 CFDA Awards and shortly afterwards she went for a Jil Sander – I love a woman who can pull off a pant suit and who dares to wear Jil Sander.
But it was this week when I was really blown away. Earlier this week Leelee wore Jil Sander again (the last collection from Raf Simons) to the Tribeca Film Festival Vanity Fair party. I haven't seen anyone look so beautiful in a long time. It was a slick and elegant look very well complemented with the hair.
A day later, for the same festival happening in New York, Sobieski slipped into an über chic Boy by Band of outsiders black gown (see it here without coat) which she wore with a Maroon coat from The Row. I absolutely love her choices of designers – elegant and refined but contemporary.

What do you think of Leelee's style?

No comments: