Friday, May 25

Best Dressed at the amfAR’s Cinema Against AIDS Gala 2012
amfar2012
Best Dressed at the amfAR's Cinema Against AIDS Gala 2012
Getty
The amfAR Gala during the Cannes film festival bring out every year all the most stylish actors, models and editors. I would say it is, arguably, much better or at least edgier than the Met Ball and this year has been a great one.
My absolute favourite was, of course, Diane Kruger. She wore one of the Chanel Cruise 2013 designs that went down the catwalk just over a week ago. Diane's ben getting it right every day at Cannes and this is a great stand-out chic look. I was also happy to see Doutzen Kroes at the event. I've been crazy about her ever since I saw her at the Giles FW12 show. She looked amazing in a modern Versace gown. Karolina Kurkova, not happy with being one of the best dressed at this year's Met Ball, had another golden moment in Roberto Cavalli. Simply stunning. Milla Jovovich, who has had both hits and misses in the last couple of days at Cannes, made up for all her mistakes in one of the best pieces from the Atelier Versace SS12 collection.
Anja Rubik has found in the last years the perfect balance between looking ultra sexy and sophisticated. I am loving this Emilio Pucci moment – the pulled-back hair, the smoky eyes, the emerald and diamond jewellery were all great choices. Magdalena Frackowiak wore embellishments, leopard print and feathers all in one dress by Roberto Cavalli. And I just loved how elegant she looked in it. Bianca Balti went for grey, which is not a colour we see very often on the red carpet. But I loved the contrast of the lighter shade of the lace and the darker silk – by Dolce & Gabbana, of course. Jessie J, who I was quite shocked to see in Cannes, went for a leopard print Louis Heal dress. I thought it was quite a refined chic choice, especially for her. And I love the fact that she stayed true to her own style wearing chunky boots

amfar2012b
Getty

No comments: