Tuesday, May 15

Giselle Bündchen covers the Summer issue of Vogue Paris
VogueParisjunejuly12
Giselle Bündchen covers the Summer issue of Vogue Paris
Twitter.com/VogueParis
I love the fact that Vogue Paris has released their June/July issue cover on the same day I decided to criticise American Vogue. I have never cared about all the criticism (my love) Emmanuelle Alt received from the moment she became Ed-in-Chief. She has been doing an excellent job and getting Vogue Paris to its chic roots. I am absolutely in love with this! I love the retro feel and the colours – it's like we have gone back to Giselle's golden age in the 90's. It makes me want to be driving down the Côte d'Azur in a pale blue convertible listening to Serge Gainsburg (see below for the best summer song in this scenario).
It also kind of bring things full circle as Giselle cover last year's April issue of Vogue Paris – Emmanuelle's first as Ed-in-Chief. It's nothing short of amazing what she's done with the mag in little over a year.
I think it's great that instead of going for summer clichés Vogue Paris are focusing in staying healthy – "The cult of the body and the spirit" – and how their chosen fashion feature is about encouraging the use of see-through. After all, if you don't wear it in the summer, when will you?

No comments: