Tuesday, May 8

Met Ball 2012- The Best Dressed, Part II
MetBall12part2a
Met Ball 2012: The Best Dressed, Part II
Courtesy of Prada, Versace, Dolce & Gabbana, JustJared
As I said this morning I couldn't just post about my five favourite looks from this year's Met Ball. Last night I would have sworn I didn't like too many looks but after having a look at images of everyone I missed on the red carpet I changed my mind.
There seemed to be mixed feeling about Kristen Dunst in her Rodarte ensemble. But I loved the fact that it was unlike anything she has worn before and completely different from everyone else. I loved the colour, the cut, the lace detail under the blazer and the belt. It was perfectly styled and she looked ultra cool.
It kind of bothers me that no one ever puts Anna Wintour in the best dressed lists. I utterly adored this lobster Prada gown she wore last night. It was chic and fun and she looked so elegant. I simply love the fact that she always stays true to her style.
Bianca Brandolini went for a gilded Dolce & Gabbana number that obviously shone beautifully under the red carpet lights. This would have been such an exaggerated and over-the-top look on someone else but Bianca is so elegant and classy that she just looks like (fashion) royalty.
I was happy to see January Jones back in shape in an Atelier Versace gown. It has taken her a while to get her mojo back after the pregnancy but she is quickly getting there. The dress had such a different vibe than on the runway and I really liked the turquoise in the necklace, which gave the look a new dimension.
MetBall12part2b
Courtesy of Burberry, Dolce & Gabbana, JustJared


Giovanna Battaglia's Dolce & Gabbana dress put a smile on my face. It was so tremendously Italian and full of character but Gio wore it in such a young and chic way. And the braid and flower headband were such a great call!
Rooney Mara looked her edgy-meets-rocky-chic usual self. I guess none of us doubted she was going to wear Givenchy. I just wished she would have gone for a bit more drama or a different colour. But I loved the combination of lace and leather, Riccardo.
Cara Delevingne was one of the most fashion-forward attendees. I couldn't have loved her velvet Burberry dress any more. It was a stunning shape and I loved the detail of the collar and the studded Burberry gloves. How unfair is it that she gets to look so great wearing next season's clothes?


Who was your best and worst dressed? – Have I missed anyone on my lists?

No comments: