Wednesday, May 9

The unsung looks from the Met Ball 2012
unsungMetBall12
The unsung looks from the Met Ball 2012
Getty, OneFabDay.com
It has literally taken me this long to find a picture of Jenna Lyons at the Met Ball. She is one of the most stylish people in the world and I knew she wouldn't just go for a gown. I absolutely loved her take on evening wear – a hot pink satin skirt paired with a crisp smart white shirt finished with a cropped denim jacket and pale pink suede shoes. Such an innovative take on eveningwear!!
Another of my favourites was newcomer Lena Dunham – writer, producer, director and actress in the new HBO series "Girls". She wore a custom Wes Gordon dress in green. I love the choice of pink stilettos that made the look really fun. Bet Lena's best accessory was her date: Hamish Bowles who also looked amazing in a Dolce & Gabbana pink blazer.
I felt a bit bad for Lana del Rey. She wore a stunning silver number from Altuzarra paired with a black cape. I feel like Gwyneth's look from the Oscars really hindered Lana's fashion experience at the Met Ball. Even though this was a totally different and beautiful look it was hard not to remember G in the amazing white Tom Ford...

Who do yo like better?

No comments: