Tuesday, June 5

Best Dressed at the 2012 CFDA Awards
CFDA2012
Best Dressed at the 2012 CFDA Awards
Getty
This year's CFDA awards had me particularly excited for two reasons. The first was the fact that Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen were nominated for Best Womenswear Designer for The Row. The second was the fact that this year, for the first time, I voted for all the categories myself. So I feel like I had some part in making Ash and MK the big winners of the night.
The Olsens obviously chose to wear looks from The Row. They felt a bit more summery than they usually do, which probably has to do with the fact that they belong to their latest Cruise 2013 collection. I was also gladly surprised to see Mary-Kate has gone brunette again. I think it really suits her and it sure makes a lot of journalists' job much easier.
Joan Smalls accompanied Michael Kors in one of his designs. I loved the skirt cut and the sort of scalloped hem line. It was very much summer wear but extremely chic and Joan rocked it.
Hilary Rhoda, who has the most amazing eyes ever, went for a silk Rebecca Minkoff number. It was an unexpected choice for an event of this sort but I like the elegant yet slightly casual air of the dress. The colours and cut out details are super chic and they sure bring out her eyes.
No fashion event feels whole without Kate Bosworth so I was chuffed to find her amongst the attendees. She wore Altuzarra and was the designer's date. I was also super happy for Joseph Altuzarra, who won the Swarovski Awards for Womenswear. I, too, voted for him.

* Take a look at my blog for Harper's Bazaar Spain to see more of my favourite looks.

No comments: