Sunday, March 7

Russian Doll Vol. 2

I first started to grasp the ideas behind Viktor & Rolf and to understand the fuss about them a while ago after spending four hours at the Barbican gazing at their collections in awe. Any aspects that might have seemed merely superficial in the past now turned into fully formed concepts in my mind. Ever since then I meticulously look at their collections making sure that I never misinterpret them again.
[Pictures: Style.com]
This is why excitement took over me as I looked at the pictures from their FW10 collection. It brought to me the unforgettable memory of their FW99 Haute Couture show very accurately called "Russian Doll". The Dutch designers manipulated their garments on the catwalk, in front of everyone, adding layers in the shape of dresses to the standing model. And something of the sort happened for their last prêt-à-porter line, something made me very happy.

Click here to see Part 2 of the video.
I'm off.

1 comment:

Winnie said...

Oh Thanks so much for posting that video up, I can't believe I haven't seen that video until now! So amazing. I could watch it over and over!