Monday, February 13

Best Dressed of the Weekend- BAFTAs & Grammys Edition
GrammysBaftas12
Best Dressed of the Weekend: BAFTAs & Grammys Edition
Courtesy of Giorgio Armani and Givenchy, JustJared
Better late than never, right? I have been away for the weekend and travelling back to London today and this post was at the top of my to-do list. Let's put wi-fi on all British trains soon, shall we? It has been a great weekend in terms of style. Both the BAFTAs and the Grammys took place last night. Despite it being a sad day because our dear Whitney passed away both ceremonies carried on (show must go on and all that) and delivered excellent moments on the red carpet.
Adele was the absolute winner of the night at the Grammys. Not only she won 6 of the best awards (woopey!) but she looked absolutely incredible in a Giorgio Armani gown. I can't even begin to tell you how much I love this. The subtle details of the dress – dark embellished crystals in a kaleidoscopic patters, a black belt at the waist and a chiffon layer – were exactly what she needed. That, added to the stunning hair and make up really took me back to the times of old Hollywood glamour. She also looked a lot slimmer and radiant. And she slipped into a similarly amazing Burberry Prorsum gown for the rest of the night. She must feel on top of the world today!
Also in Giorgio Armani was the second best dressed at the Grammys. Rihanna, in her new sloppy-dyed blonde hairdo, looked absolutely ravishing in her black dress. The deep V neckline and slit created a really interested symmetry and I loved her gold accessories. But the best, I must say, were her eyes – that eye make up is a winner!

The BAFTAs always tend to be a bit more quiet fashion-wise. They're always quite close to the Oscars and I guess neither nominees nor designers want to make too much noise and keep the WOW-moments for later in the month. And yet we still had a few amazing moments.
First on my list is Christina Ricci in Givenchy Haute Couture. It's hard with all-gold gowns because you can go either way. Luckily, this number had been in the more than capable hands of Riccardo Tisci, who  created the half ruffled half gathered detail at the waist that made the dress a winner. I am so glad to see her back in the scene and doing so well.
Almost neck and neck with Ricci is Tilda Swinton who once again stood out from the crowd. This time in a white Céline dress. I have been missing this brand on the red carpet for months. Hopefully, Phoebe Philo will be able to get back to business once she pops her perfect offspring off. Tilda's look was, as always, very slick with a je-ne-sais-quoi going on. She also had awesome hair. If I were I woman I'd like my hair to look like that.

No comments: