Sunday, February 12

Jason Wu FW12- Femmes Fatales & a Wardrobe for Giovanna
JasonWuFW12Giovanna
Jason Wu FW12: Femmes Fatales & a Wardrobe for Giovanna
Style.com
When I clicked on Jason Wu last night to take a look at his FW12 collection I was confused for a second as if the link has taken me to someone else's line. But I was in the right place. Wu's latest collection is a lot stronger an tougher than what we have been seeing for the last couple of seasons. It was like his woman had suddenly turned into the heroine of a film noir – a femme fatale. It was almost like the perfect slick wardrobe for a Bond girl who travels from Europe through Russia (see the green leather coat with fur collar) to Asia.
I was very pleasantly surprised with the change of attitude in this collection. I loved the coats, which should always be a strong point on a winter collection. And I was again fascinated by the embroidered details also by Swarovski elements. Especially the boozy red sleeveless silk number where the embroidery seems to have been applied wanting a degradé effect.
I couldn't stop thinking of Giovanna Battaglia while I looked at the collection. Half of it seemed like a perfect choice for her – something she would choose and wear herself. So I picked the three dresses we are most likely to catch her in. I am particularly keen on the black polo-neck ensemble. I love the golden details on the sides.

JasonWuFW12
Style.com, Courtesy of Swarovski

No comments: