Tuesday, February 14

Save the Date- Yves Saint Laurent, The Retrospective
YSLeshibit
Save the Date: Yves Saint Laurent, The Retrospective
Courtesy of the Denver Art Museum
Just after New Year's my sister, one of my best friends and I went to see the Yves Saint Laurent exhibition in Madrid. Yves is one of those designers which whom I started not only to love fashion but to realise that there is so much more to it than just aesthetic. The exhibition was incredibly comprehensive and showed not only some of his most iconic looks such as the tributes to Mondrian and Van Gogh but also a great collection of dresses representative of all his styles. Personally, I loved the collection of sketches from each and every one of his collections. You could see clearly what was going through his mind and feel what was changing in his life.
The exhibition closed in Madrid in early January in preparation for its next stop at the Denver Art Museum. It will show there from March 25th to July 8th and if you have the chance to visit it you definitely should! Click here for more information on opening times and availability.

You can have a closer look at what's in store for visitors on this lovely video. I wish I could see it all again!

No comments: