Thursday, January 13

Keeping things at home

There was no way I could avoid posting about this. In fact, there was no way I wouldn't want to post it. Julia Restoin-Roitfeld has worn some of Tom Ford's SS11 incredible clothes for a shoot (accompanied by an interview) for the January issue of V magazine. I personally love the pictures because, even though they clearly haven't been shot by JJR herself, they have that very natural coolness and nouveau-French-chicness she's so famous for and which put her as the face of Tom Ford's black orchid ads in the first place. The interview, on the other hand, is very dry and empty. I will be disappointed if I pick up the actual issue of V and don't find that the good questions have been saved for the paper edition. After all, anyone could ask and respond things like these, right?
JRR What do you think fashion needs more of right now?
TF Spontaneity. Fashion needs to be more fun.
JRR What is your favorite piece from the collection?
TF I love every piece. That is like asking someone which one of their children is their favorite.
JRR Outside fashion, what are you looking forward to this spring?
TF I have to say more fashion. I love what I am doing right now and can’t wait to start the next collection.
m1
m2
Photography Julia Restoin Roitfeld
Styling Tom Van Dorpe
I'm off.

[Pictures: vmagazine.com]

No comments: