Friday, March 11

Emmanuelle's first cover

giselleVogueParisApril2010I was anxious to see this. I  didn't know whether Emmanuelle Alt would swift from Carine's cover aesthetic to mark her reign as Vogue Paris queen or if she would instead progressively settle into the job by kind of continuing to do what Carine had done before and (maybe) slowly changing things to her aesthetic. I love the fact that Giselle is on the cover, especially in Dolce & Gabbana. For some reason supermodels give those southern Italian dresses a different flair than everyone else. I also really like the way the text has been laid out and how white completely takes over the page. It's not the most original of covers but it's better to be safe than to aim to high and fail massively on your first issue, non?

Shot by Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin
I'm off.

[Picture: RDuJour]

1 comment:

Stylevation Army said...

absolute love this cover!