Thursday, March 10

Peplum déjà vu

Giambattistafw11Fashion Month finally wrapped up yesterday in Paris. And when I say finally mean it in a relieving way because it takes quite a bit of effort to keep up to speed with the collections. I don't know if it was just me but it feels like they speed it up more and more every season. I can't imagine the state some editors are in. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bvlgari Spa in Bali was overbooked this weekend. I have managed to catch up with all the collections, which makes me happy because it means I'm not behind anymore. I have decided that it's too boring to just post pictures of the collections and rant about how much I like them (or not) so I'm going to post about the bit of them that I loved or that caught my attention. Like this one below. I loved Giambattista Valli's FW11 collection but I was surprised to see him introduce similar bold coloured peplums to the over-featured Jil Sander ones from SS11. It's not that I don't like them (even if these are attached) but they're just old news, n'est pas?
I'm off.

[Pictures: Style.com]

No comments: